Paddleboarding is a comparatively new yet popular leisure activity all over the world. The popularity of this sport is growing increasingly because it provides a full body workout along with an adventurous experience.
Part of the growth of this sport is due to the advances in technology behind the paddle boards themselves.
There are some factors to consider before choosing the right board for you. Inflatable paddle boards come in various types to suit different activities. In this article, we highlight the best inflatable paddle boards for each of the types considering the durability, features and benefits they offer.
Race Stand Up Paddle Boards
Racing stand up paddle boards have taken over the market in a short time for their practicality. These boards are quite efficient but more advanced when it comes to performance. They are gigantic in design but can be transported easily by carrying in your backpack.
Tower iRace Paddle Board
A special race SUP board, Tower iRace is a one of a kind of paddle board with a remarkable quality and construction. It features a military grade PVC material with a refined drop stitch construction making it rigid and durable. It performs well in almost any environment. The 12 feet long and 30 inches wide board is engineered to create optimum speed while keeping water resistance to a minimal level.
- Amazing performance and navigation
- Slim gripping pad offers enhanced maneuverability and balance
- Minimalistic design and slim edges give authentic feel
- Solid engineering optimized to offer speed under any condition
- Feels solid and strong
- Premium quality materials used in construction
- Included paddle and pump are good quality
- Doesn’t include a backpack bag.
Surfing Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards
Finding inflatable paddle boards that perform well in surf is a challenging task. With the advancement in inflatable technology and construction techniques, a large number of SUPs are designed to catch any sized wave. These inflatable paddle boards allow entering the world of surfing or enjoying the sport for both entry-level as well as experienced water enthusiasts. Though there are numerous choices when it comes to getting the right board for surfing, our top pick is the PEAK Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board.
PEAK Inflatable SUP
Suitable for users with any skill and ability level, PEAK stand up board is extremely portable and sturdy enough to withstand any waves and currents. Weighing just 23 lbs, this inflatable paddle board offers some great moves with amazing maneuverability. It features a sturdy construction for stability and strength that sets it apart.
- Non-slip grip pad keeps the feet firmly in place
- Padded backpack and straps for comfortable carrying
- Weight capacity of 300 lbs makes it perfect for people of any size and shape
- Light weight lets it catch the smallest waves
- Lightweight yet strong construction
- Deflates quickly
- Highly portable
- Bungee cord has six mounted points and allows storing more gear
- Difficult to carry when stored in bag
- Complies with only the fin that comes included
Touring Inflatable Paddle Boards
With more and more companies coming up with efficient and innovative paddle board designs, you can now find amazing inflatable SUPs designed specifically for touring. A touring paddle board generally offers the next level of performance, tracking and speed as compared to other boards. They also have a large back center fin and are leaner and longer with a pointy, tapered nose and a tapered tail. They glide smoothly and offer good tracking to allow longer distances with lesser effort.
Hero SUP Dynamo Touring Board
Efficient, stable, fast, durable and portable, the Hero Dynamo has everything you would want in a touring board. It rides smoothly, glides well and allows going further without much effort. The build is strong and durable and rolls up into a small package for compact storage and carrying. This board comes in two lengths to choose from – 11’6” and 12’6”. It features a 9” touring fin which keeps the tracking straight. It is a solid, durable paddle board though lightweight and convenient to transport. The tapered nose provides a smooth and efficient performance in water.
- Ideal for touring, fitness and fast speeds
- Allows touring ocean bays
- Rolls up easily into a small package
- Constructed out of military grade PVC laminated double layer
- A number of D-rings provide plenty of tie down points for securing gear
- Diamond groove traction pads provide good grip for the feet
- Durable nylon carry handles for easy transportation
- Comes with accessories like rolling backpack, hand pump, fiberglass paddle and more
- Good tracking and efficient gliding
- Front and back bungees allow securing gear
- Lightweight and easy to transport
- Handles have padded neoprene covers for comfortable grip
- Comes with useful accessories
- 2-years warranty
- Not so stable in rough conditions and whitewater
YOGA INFLATABLE SUPS
A great way to take your yoga practice outdoors, Stand Up Paddle Boards for Yoga gives a twist to your regular meditation practice by demanding more work on your balance being on water. Yoga Inflatable SUPs combine the excitement of spectacular landscapes, relaxing meditation and rigorous versatile training in one and this is why the popularity of inflatable paddle boards designed specifically for yoga is growing fast. There are many SUPs that are ideal for yoga and inflatable but our best pick is ISLE Airtech Inflatable board.
ISLE INFLATABLE SUP
An ideal paddle board for yoga, this wide-nosed SUP combines portability with high quality as it is durable and rigid while being able to fold up and fit into a backpack. Large, thick and stable, this lightweight board can support all the yoga poses and allows recreational paddling. It has a great versatility and performs brilliantly in flat water as well as the surf.
- It can be rolled up and fit into a travel-friendly backpack
- Stable and sturdy design
- Weight capacity of 255 lbs fits any size of users
- Comes with a number of included accessories
- Military grade PVC construction
- Lightweight at just 18 lbs
- Highly sturdy with six inches thickness
- Works well on small waves and flat water
- Slow inflation
- Paddle doesn’t float
Paddling is a great experience for your mind and body and these paddle boards can take you where you have never been before. Whatever be your favorite activity, the specially designed inflatable boards ensure that your weekend trip is fun-filled and exciting. Choose the one that suits your requirements and interests the best and start enjoying your favorite water sports adventures.